Trying to get pregnant can become a stressful process, fortunately 90% of couple conceive within the first year of trying.  Then of the remaining 10% that haven’t conceived 90% of them will conceive within the second year of trying. 

The best advice with regards to trying to get pregnant is to aim to have sex about twice a week on average.

We would suggest that after a year of trying without success it is sensible to make contact with a GP to discuss the situation.  If you or your partner have had previous issues with your testicles or concerns about your sexual health then it is reasonable to have a discussion before this.

Getting pregnant involves two people, from a practical point of view it is sensible that both partners are registered with the same GP surgery if at all possible.

It would be very unusual for any testing of fertility to be undertaken unless you were actively trying to get pregnant.

If these elements are relevant to you or if you are not sure and would like some more advice please contact us by filling out this link: