‘New and improved Urgent Care Team to be based at Glenside Medical Centre’
Beacon Medical Group is proud to be relocating our successful Plympton based Urgent Care Team (UCT) to Glenside Medical Centre from 23rd September 2019.
The Urgent Care Team (UCT), comprising practice pharmacists, advanced paramedic practitioners, advanced nurse practitioners, minor illness nurses, and GPs providing patients with the right specialist, at the right time. The UCT deal with over 200 calls a day; over 1,200 patient contacts a week.
This relocation is enabling us to:
- To make it easier and faster for our patients to interact with our surgeries
- Provide a broader and enhanced range of services closer to our communities
- Working with our patients, carers, communities and partners as one team
- Reduce the number of site closures
- Create a greater focus on urgent care and extended hours
- Ensuring our patients receive the best care possible, in an affordable, safe and effective manner with the resources available.
Current patients registered at Glenside will receive a letter shortly informing them of the changes and how it will affect them.
Dr Andrew Mercer, a GP Partner at Beacon, said “As a practice we are excited about the development of the Urgent Care Team based at Glenside – we hope this will make “on the day” care more accessible to our patients from this site. We also hope that by focusing the elective (routine) care at Chaddlewood and Plympton Health Centre will foster continuity of care especially for patients with chronic diseases. We are very aware that access has been difficult over the past few months and feel this will be a big step forward in addressing this.