Improved Access Survey
We are conducting a patient survey on our newly launched Improved Access service. Any feedback would be appreciated.
The following survey is specifically about the service offered during these hours, if you have any specific comments for the core service offered during usual GP hours please contact the practice.
To complete the survey, please click here.
The NEW Devon CCG are also running a survey on the future of the Improved Access, please click here.
Beacon Medical Group, Dean Cross Surgery and Church View Surgery are working together to offer patients better access to GP appointments across their sites – that means you will be able to see a GP or practice nurse or other health professional at a time which is most convenient for you.
We will operating a rota across the surgeries and any patient from these surgeries will be able to access these appointments through their practice, regardless of the location. Your medical record is shared, if you have already consented, using the same system at your usual GP surgery. Below are the dates, times and locations of appointments.
We will soon be launching a minor ailments service in partnership with the pharmacies in Sainsbury’s at Marsh Mills and Morrisons in Plymstock. For some conditions you may be offered an appointment with a pharmacist, in their private consulting room, to discuss your condition and suitable treatments.
Possible conditions would include:
• Acne, Spots and Pimples
• Allergic Reaction
• Athlete’s Foot, Bites or Stings
• Bacterial conjunctivitis – children age over 1 and under 2 years
• Earache, Ear Discharge, Ear Wax, Hearing Problems or Blocked Ear
• Eye, Red or Irritable Eye, Sticky or Watery Eyelid
• General medicines queries and issues
• Hair loss
• Hip, Thigh or Buttock Pain or Swelling Itch
• Mouth Ulcers
• Nappy Rash
• Nasal Congestion
• Pain and/or swelling; Wrist, Hand, Finger, Lower back, Shoulder, Knee or Lower Leg
• Rectal Pain, Scabies
• Skin rash
• Sore Throat
• Tiredness, Sleep Difficulties
• Toothache After or without Dental Injury
• Urinary tract infection in Women 18-64 years
• Vaginal Discharge, Itch or Soreness
• Wound Problems – management of dressings
To arrange an appointment, speak to the practice receptionist or member of the practice team or call the practice.
Getting there and parking
Here are the locations of each surgery involved.
Plympton Health Centre – Parking on site
Glenside Surgery – Parking on site
Ivybridge Medical Practice – Parking on site
Church View Surgery – Parking on site
Dean Cross Surgery – Limited parking on road and adjacent streets