Throughout our surgeries we offer a number of daily routine clinics as well as specialist services. Some of the clinics listed below are by doctor referral only. If you would like to enquire about any of the below services please contact your local surgery – numbers listed above.
Urgent Care – Includes GPs, Nurse Practitioners, Paramedics, Pharmacists
- For patients who require urgent on the day assistance
Woman’s Health Clinics (Contraceptive advice/services – including coils, implants)
- For patients who wish to have contraceptive advice. To discuss the best form of contraceptive for them over the phone with one of the dedicated Woman’s Health GPs who will then arrange an appointment to have agreed method fitted
Minor Operation Clinics
- For minor operations that are required that have been discussed with your own GP
Speciality Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinics
- Clinics that are held across Beacon by our MSK specialists, Dr Giles and Dr Fotheringham. If there is a musculoskeletal query that cannot be dealt with within General Practice then these clinics are available for our GPs to refer into as an alternative to Derriford therefore helping reduce wait times and offering a local service
Registrars/F2s/Medical Students Clinics
- We are a training practice and are helping to shape the clinicians of the future. We have many trainees working with us which include Registrars, F2s, Medical students, Trainee Clinical Pharmacists, Paramedic Students, Trainee Paramedic Practitioners and trainee nurses.
Our Registrars and F2s are Junior Doctors who are able to see patients and regularly hold their own clinics with the support of our General Practice Team at Beacon. We may also ask that you see other students that are with us to help them gain the experience they need to become the future clinicians we need. All our students have a dedicated trainer GPs and supervision whilst they are with us.
- We have a team of Clinical Pharmacists within the team who work closely with the Urgent Care Team and will triage and see patients who have an urgent on the day query that is suitable for them to deal with. They also hold regular routine clinics that offer appointment slots for patients who need medication reviews and general medication queries.
Minor Injuries Unit – Ivybridge Only
- Open Mon-Fri 08:00 – 18:00
- The Unit, which operates from Ivybridge Medical Practice, is open from 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday and is open to all residents, not just those registered with Beacon Medical Group.The service can provide an alternative place of care for the following:
- Minor injuries less than 48 hours old
- Injuries to hands, wrists and feet
- Cuts and grazes
- Superficial burns and scalds
- Wound closure and dressing
- Bites and stings
- Minor head injuries
The Unit has free on-site and nearby parking provisions and patients and members of the public can call before attending to book a same-day appointment avoiding any unnecessary waits.
To contact the unit please call 01752 690777.
Chronic Disease Management (CDM)
- Dedicated clinics held by specialist trained nurses to manage Chronic Disease such as Diabetes, Asthma and COPD. They will deal with annual check ups, newly diagnosed education and changes to management or medications.
- Dedicated clinics for childhood immunisations, Pnemovax Clinics, Shingles clinics and any other national vaccination programs that we may have
- Dedicated clinics for any patient requiring immunisations for travel to other countries
- Daily clinics for blood tests and Blood pressures
- Dedicated clinics in the flu season for Flu vaccinations for those people who are eligible
- Dedicated clinics in the Shingles season for vaccinations for those people who are eligible
Daily routine clinics for:
Stitch removal and wound care
Health Checks for those invited
Smoking Cessation for those who wish to quit smoking
Family Planning (coil removals, Depos, Pill checks)